We’ve all been there.
You had a day that just went all wrong. Maybe you or someone else made a mistake, or some crisis came up and your day went totally downhill, or maybe you have some sort of habit you’re trying to keep (or break) and you backslid a bit.
Maybe it was a healthy eating goal, or a fitness goal, a reading goal, or maybe you talked over someone in a meeting and you’re trying to stop that.
Whatever it is, you had a setback and you’re not happy about it. It happens!
In this episode, we are going to share 3 tips so that you can recover from a bad day, and come back stronger than ever.
Thanks to Gabi for supporting The Productivity Show. To start saving on your auto insurance today at no charge, go to gabi.com/TPS
Thanks also to JustWorks! Justworks.com
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/374.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:46]
- How do you get to the source of a bad day? [6:07]
- What is “affect labeling?” [9:14]
- What is tip #2 for recovering from a bad day? [14:56]
- How do you ask yourself for advice? [15:34]
- How has Thanh practiced giving self-advice? [17:18]
- What is the third tip to recover from a bad day? [21:48]
- How does Thanh mentally re-frame a bad day? [30:07]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [35:17]
- Daylio (Mood Tracker)
- Book: Low-Hanging Fruit: 77 Eye-Opening Ways to Improve Productivity and Profits
- Book: The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living
- Revisiting The TEA Framework: Should We Add This 4th Pillar? (TPS275)
- Study: “Affect Labeling”
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- The 3X Rule: Solve Your Recurring Problems Once And For All (TPS345)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.