In this episode, we are going to talk about everyone’s favorite topic: Meetings.
Believe it or not, there’s a way to make meetings less painful, and to even make them events that people WANT to attend (or at least don’t actively hate)
If you run meetings, we’re going to give you tips to make them effective and a great use of everyone’s time. If you don’t run meetings but just attend them, you’ll get tips to make your participation more impactful. Maybe you just want to hear some tips for how AE does meetings – we’ll dive into that too.
Thanks to Amazon Music. To try Amazon Music Unlimited FREE for 30 days, go to amazon.com/TPS30.
Thanks also to Marpipe for supporting The Productivity Show. Through December 31, 2021, book a FREE demo at marpipe.com/TPS RIGHT NOW and get a FREE $2,000 credit.
Listen and subscribe to “Hello Monday” with Jessi Hempel on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your favorite pods.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/378.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [2:50]
- What is Brooks’ first tip for designing a meeting that people will ACTUALLY want to attend? [7:25]
- What are the three types of meetings at a high level? [8:56]
- How do you make all three types of meetings actionable? [9:42]
- Why is it important to consolidate your meetings as much as possible? [15:02]
- How does Thanh think his idea of a Wednesday “Meeting Day” has gone since implementing it years ago? [18:28]
- What is Brooks’ final tip for successful meetings? [27:35]
- What is the “HI.P.P.O Effect?” [28:36]
- What is Brooks’ biggest recommendation for handling the natural flow of a meeting? [30:49]
- How does Thanh try to make meetings more useful for everyone? [33:06]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life [37:21]
- Fun Retrospectives
- How To Run A Retrospective For Continuous Improvement (TPS370)
- Magic Spoon Cereal
- Book: Die With Zero
- TEA Framework
- Back To Back Meetings: Win Back Your Time, Energy, and Attention (TPS354)
- Book: Scaling Up
- Book: Five Dysfunctions of a Team
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.