Your calendar is so important – it’s the ultimate record of where you put your priorities and where you spend your time.
It is also one of the productivity tools we use the most, so any improvement to the way you USE your calendar will have an immediate impact every single day. There aren’t many productivity changes you can make that will do that!
In this episode, we’re going to share 5 calendar hacks that will help you maximize your time, energy, attention while using your calendar on desktop and mobile.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:41]
- What Brooks and Thanh use as their front-end and back-end calendar stack [5:30]
- Why color-coding your calendars and tagging your events can have such a huge impact on your productivity [11:36]
- What widgets Brooks and Thanh use to get super quick and easy access to their calendars on mobile [19:32]
- Automate your scheduling and get rid of those annoying back-and-forth emails for good [24:01]
- How to customize your views and be more selective about what information you get from your calendar [29:32]
- Why you should change your default meeting length [32:31]
- How a monthly check-in with yourself and your calendar can help trim bad practices out of your daily life [36:01]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [38:36]
5 Calendar Hacks
- Color Code Your Calendars
- Use A Widget On Your Mobile Home Screen
- Use An Appointment Scheduler
- Customize Your Visible Days
- Change Default Meeting Length
- BONUS: Review your past calendar every month
- Monopoly Deal
- Google Calendar
- Master Your Calendar: 3 Actionable Tips To Take Control of Your Day (TPS306)
- The Hybrid Calendar System That Will Help You Stay On Top Of Everything (TPS233)
- How to Save Hours of Chaos and Damage Control With A Family Calendar (TPS235)
- Carrot Weather
- iOS 14 Widgets Video
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.