Getting Things Done, or GTD, is a productivity system developed by David Allen, and it was introduced to the world in the book “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.”
Here’s the thing about GTD though; a lot of its promoters are very… opinionated about how you follow it. If you don’t follow it to the letter, you aren’t “doing it right.”
We don’t really care about all that – we just want to get our important stuff done! We’ve both used GTD for at least 15 years, but we’ve both adapted it to what works for us.
In this episode, we’ll share how you can adapt GTD to your own needs, while still “Getting Things Done”. Here are 3 things you’ll get out of this episode:
- How you can rethink GTD Contexts, and use them for your own purposes – or we’ll share an even better thing to try
- How you can make your GTD Weekly review way shorter, so you’ll actually stick with it
- How to handle GTD when you work in a team, or with other systems
Free $75 credit to boost your post at Indeed.com/TPS. Terms and conditions apply. The offer is good for a limited time.
Thanks to Avast.com!
Try Zapier for free today at zapier.com/TPS.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/405.
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [3:36]
- What’s the first way to adapt GTD to your needs? [5:43]
- What is tip no. 2 to adapt GTD to your needs? [13:35]
- How does Brooks recommend restructuring planning to adapt GTD? [17:16]
- What does Thanh’s weekly review look like? [23:45]
- What is tip number 3 to adapt GTD to your needs? [26:53]
- What is a question that AE gets a lot? [28:25]
- How does Thanh handle working with multiple systems and multiple people simultaneously? [30:14]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life. [33:11]
- Book: Getting Things Done- The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- GTD Workflow Map
- App: Nebo
- 5 GTD Tips To Become A Power User And Get Things Done Consistently (TPS322)
- Which Productivity System Is Best For You? We Compare and Recommend (TPS355)
- Your GTD Weekly Review: Be Consistent And Achieve “Mind Like Water” Each Week (TPS311)
- AE GTD Page: How To 10x Your Productivity
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast, or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!