The program OmniFocus is one of the best (and most complex) task management applications for Mac (not available on Windows). Here, you’ll find links to all our articles and tutorials about how to use OmniFocus to increase your productivity and manage your time.
Full list of Omnifocus articles, tutorials and screencasts
- Simple Task Management. This is our foundation-level primer that explains the 101 behind how you should be organizing your tasks.
- OmniFocus Series Part 01: Getting Started with OmniFocus. Aaron introduces our fictional case study, Tom Jenkins, and shows us how he would help Tom set up OmniFocus for maximum productivity.
- OmniFocus Series Part 02: Getting Started With Omnifocus. Thanh provides an alternative (and equally efficient) view of how to structure your OmniFocus projects, tasks and contexts.
- OmniFocus Series Part 03: Working with OmniFocus. Aaron outlines an alternative to the standard GTD (Getting Things Done) methodology.
- OmniFocus Series Part 04: Working with OmniFocus. Thanh shows you how you’re supposed to use GTD (Getting Things Done).
- OmniFocus Series Part 05: Perspectives. Aaron introduces the idea of custom perspectives and provides some useful perspectives that you can implement right away.
- OmniFocus Series Part 06: Perspectives. There are lot of types of Perspectives you can use and here you can find many of them you can use right away.
- OmniFocus Series Part 07: Workflows and Devices. Aaron shows how you can use the iPhone, iPad and Mac together and in sync with Omnifocus.
- OmniFocus Series Part 08: Workflows and Devices. Thanh shows how each Apple devices has a different function within a workflow.
- OmniFocus Series Part 09: Advanced Tips and Tricks. Aaron shows you how to make the most of the often-missed features of OmniFocus.
- OmniFocus Series Part 10: Advanced Tips and Tricks. Thanh shows you even more ways to do things faster with OmniFocus.
- Integrating Omnifocus with the Pomodoro Technique. If you like using time boxing techniques like the Pomodoro Technique, here’s a guide on how to integrate it with Omnifocus.
- Prioritizing tasks with the ABC method. Being able to prioritize your tasks in Omnifocus might seem impossible, but it is possible. This articles explains how you can do that with the ABC method of prioritization.
- Goals and Task Managers. How to implement goals and a morning ritual in OmniFocus.
- OmniFocus and Evernote. How to use OmniFocus (task management) and Evernote (digital filing) together for task management and reference heaven.
- Agile Results and OmniFocus. How we recommend using OmniFocus to implement Agile Results.
- Tricking Out Your Repeating Tasks in OmniFocus. How to use repeating tasks in OmniFocus, and what each of the repetition options actually means.
- What People are saying about OmniFocus Premium Posts. Some reviews from around the web about our guide to using OmniFocus the easy way.
- How to Sync OmniFocus with iCal (Apple Calendar) and BusyCal. Title says it all.
- How to integrate OmniFocus when you have to use Windows at work. Some easy ways to keep OmniFocus in our workflow despite having to use Windows at work.
- Tasks, Projects and Appointments – What’s the Difference and Why Do I Care? An important distinction that most people fail to make about tasks, projects and appointments.
- 2 Simple Steps To Using OmniFocus for Meeting Notes. How to use OmniFocus for office meetings.
- 10 Reasons Why OmniFocus is The Best Todo List App. Thanh explains why OmniFocus may just very well be the best todo list app – ever.
- The Quick and Dirty 5-Step Asian Efficiency Task Management Rescue Process Revealed. 5 Easy steps to rescuing any task management system (including OmniFocus) that has raged out of control.
- How to Manage Checklists with OmniFocus. Thanh explains how simple (and complex) checklists can function in your OmniFocus setup.
The ten-part article series introduces a fictional character (Tom Jenkins), and the Asian Efficiency team give their perspectives on what the best way is to getting started with Omnifocus. Topics include:
- The best way of setting up Omnifocus with structures and areas of responsibilities.
- How to apply Getting Things Done (GTD) or how to make your own workflow.
- Creating custom perspectives (next actions, today list, and more).
- Using Omnifocus on iPad and iPhone in sync.
- Cool tricks and advanced features.
- Managing email tasks with Mailplane and Apple Mail together with Omnifocus.
- How to use OmniFocus with Agile Results.
Where to get OmniFocus
The software is available on OS X and iOS. As of now it is not available on Windows. In order to grab a copy of Omnifocus, you can do that here:
If you are planning to use this task manager, you might want to read our Omnifocus review first.
Omnifocus is just one of the tools that we recommend and write about. There are a lot of other tools, apps and insights that we share in our exclusive newsletter. You’ll find a number of insights, and pieces of exclusive content that we don’t publish publicly on the site. If you like our Omnifocus content, you’ll definitely like our newsletter content even more. Sign up below and we will send you some great content right after you sign up.