It sounds counterintuitive, but sometimes we need to slow down a bit in order to achieve our goals. Burnout is a real thing, and it is impossible to stay productive if we are going at 100% all the time.
The solution is to find opportunities to decompress — to find even short periods of time where you can recharge and relieve stress.
But decompressing is about more than just taking a break or going on vacation. In this episode, we are going to cover 5 ways that you can decompress and stay productive in the long term.
Thanks to Fundrise for supporting The Productivity Show. Fundrise is offering our listeners 90 days of advisory free service. Go to Fundrise.com/tps to learn more.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:41]
- What Asian Efficiency means by “decompress” and why productivity minded people need to keep this in mind, too [5:39]
- How the TEA framework can help us find when we are working too much and need to regain our energy [10:12]
- Why picking up a new hobby or activity can help us loosen up and destress [12:52]
- How Marmel’s new hobby has remained relaxing and helpful for her stress despite turning it into a small business [15:48]
- Why setting a time to relax is an easy way to stay in the flow of work and scheduling while also honoring your self [18:13]
- How exercise and physical activity can replenish your energy, boost your mood, and give your brain a break [24:49]
- Why you should schedule some time to connect with your friends and family and add them to your calendar [28:40]
- How spending time away from technology, a digital detox can really help center us [33:33]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [40:38]
- NeuYear Monday First calendar
- Little Snitch 4
- OUTXE Power Bank
- Happy People Are Productive People: Turn Your Mood Around In 10 Minutes or Less (TPS326)
- Revisiting The TEA Framework: Should We Add This 4th Pillar? (TPS275)
- TEA Framework, Level 2: Maximizing Your Energy (TPS220)
- 5 Ways For Busy People To Increase Their Energy And Get Things Done
- Calendar Captain
- How to Save Hours of Chaos and Damage Control With A Family Calendar (TPS235)
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- TPS88: Deep Work w/ Cal Newport
- The Glorious, Almost-Disconnected Boredom of My Walk in Japan
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!